The Epic Games mobile gaming industry has launched the mobile version of the popular Fortnite battle royale shooter on both iOS or Android devices.
In this article we will be discussing on how to download and install the Fortnite Mobile on your Android and iOS smartphone.
What Is Fortnite Mobile?
Fortnite Mobile is the Mobile version of the popular war-game which was formally available on PC and console.
There is no much different with Fortnite mobile version (iOS and Android) and the PC and console version of the game, it’s pretty much the exact same game.
The major difference is the mobile game’s controls scheme. It uses virtual buttons on the device’s touchscreen to do everything.
How to download Fortnite Battle Royale on iOS
If you are an iPhone user and want to download this game simply head to App store on the search bar type-in and search for Fortnite and hit the install button, exercise some patient while the download is going once the download is completed the game icon will appear on your home screen. You get it right?
How to download Fortnite Battle Royale on Android
Here’s how to do it the right way.
Fortnite battle Royale is not available on Google Play Store for now the only place you can get the game is from the game developers. So to download the game head straight to Fortnite.com/Android, where you’ll find the Fortnite Installer for download.
The Fortnite installer is about 2mb memory size though the main game itself is about 2GB memory size
Before downloading the game you are adviced to check if your phone is listed among the android phone compatible with the game.
What devices will run Fortnite on Android?
Below are the list of Android phones that can play Fortnite
Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge , S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
Google: Pixel / XL, Pixel 2 / XL
Asus: ROG, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
Razer: Phone / Phone 2
Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11 / U11+, U12+
Lenovo: Moto Z / Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
Sony: Xperia XZ / Premium, XZs, XZ1 / Compact, XZ2 / Premium / Compact, XZ3
If your phone is compatible with the game the congratulations because you are a mile away from playing Fortnite mobile on your Android device.
- OS: Recommended Android 8.0 or higher, 64 bit
- RAM: 3GB or higher
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is Fortnite available on Android?: Yes Fortnite is now available on android you can play the battle royale game on your phone. Unlike most Android games, it has its own installer, so you won’t find it in the Google Play
2. What Android Phones Are Compatible With Fortnite?: Below are the list of Android phones that can play Fortnite
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 edge / S7 Active, S8 / S8+ / S8 Active, S9 / S9+, S10e / S10 / S10+ / S10 5G, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3 / S3 WiFi, S4, A9 / A9 Pro
- Sony: Xperia XZ / XZ Premium, XZs, XZ1 / XZ1 Compact, XZ2 / XZ2 Premium / XZ2 Compact, XZ3, Xperia 1
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+, V50
- OnePlus: 3, 3T, 5, 5T, 6, 6T, 7 and 7 Pro
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer, Mi Mix / Mi Mix 2 / Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2, Poco F1
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Nokia: 8, 8.1/X7
- Razer: Phone / Phone 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11/ U11+, U12+
- Lenovo: Moto Z/Z Droid, Moto Z3, Moto Z2 Force
- Huawei: HONOR 10, HONOR Play, HONOR Mate 10 / Pro, HONOR Mate RS, HONOR Nova 3, HONOR P20 / Pro, HONOR V10, HONOR View20, HONOR Mate 20 / X / Pro, HONOR 20
3. What Is The Size Of Fortnite Mobile?: The Fortnite Mobile install file APK will only take up about 2mb of storage, though the game itself comes in at a more sizeable 2GB.
4. How can I download fortnite Mobile for Android?
- Open a web browser on your supported device.
- Navigate to Fortnite.com.
- Tap Play Now.
- Select a download location.
- Tap Download.
- Tap Open.
- Tap Settings.
- Turn on Allow from this source.
5. How much RAM does fortnite mobile need?: The game developers recommends the following minimum system specs for your Android device to play Fortnite:
- OS: Recommended Android 8.0 or higher.
- RAM: 3GB or higher (Recommended 4 GB)
6. Does fortnite require Internet?: Yes. You will need astable internet connection to play Fortnite.